Proposed Guidelines for Change of Branch
- To be considered for a branch change, the student will have to submit an application before the end of the second semester
of his/her programme. The application will have to specify his/her choices, in order of preference, of the branch or branches that
he/she seeks a change to.
- The student will have to be in good academic standing, having done the full complement of courses
and having no backlog. The decision on the student's application will be made only after the grades of the second semester are received
and the CGPA at the end of this semester will be the relevant CGPA.
- In granting the change of branch of a student, the strength
of a class shall not fall
below the sanctioned strength by more than 50% and shall not exceed the
sanctioned strength by more than 25%. Notwithstanding this provision, the top ranking
student of each discipline may be awarded a branch change if she has a
CGPA of at least 8.0.
- An eligible applicant who has secured a CGPA of 10.0 shall be allowed a change
of branch of his/her choice without any constraint. This clause will override
clause (3) if the need arises.
- Branch change applications will be considered strictly in order of merit as
established by the CGPA and only to the extent of the applicant's choices and in
the order of the preferences expressed in the application. If a seat opens up at any
late stage in the process, it will be offered to the applicant with the highest CGPA
by going back up the list, if necessary. In case more than one student with the
same CGPA seek the identical change, branch-to-branch, they will be treated
equally and will be jointly subject to condition (3) above.
- In exceptional cases, the Senate may also grant a change of branch to a student who is in distress in his/her present branch. Branch change of this category may be
granted in rare cases subject to the satisfaction of the Senate that compelling grounds for the same do exist. Applications will have to be made at any time up
to the end of the fourth semester and conditions (3) will apply.
To download the pdfClick here
Notice for applications Click here