GCS is located on the 1st floor of the Academic Block in Room No. 215.2. How do you make an appointment?
You may just walk in and talk with the Counsellor or call 01905-237989 for an appointment.3. Is there a charge for your services?
This service is free of cost for all registered students of IIT Mandi.4. Will my privacy be protected?
GCS takes student privacy and confidentiality very seriously.5. I'm unable to manage my time. Attending class, completing my assignments on time and not getting time to enjoy the college experience is a challenge. What steps should I take?
Here's the way to go.
- Create a plan
- Set realistic goals for achieving your plans
- Establish your priorities
- Institute Work vs Social Life
- Schedule it well
- You may also look up this link Time and Study Motion
Some of the consequences of excessive internet use are:-
- Fatigue and Sleep difficulties
- Declining grades
- Withdrawal from social activities
The medium of Instruction at IIT Mandi is English. Students have to submit assignments and take tests only in English. In fact, all reference material available is in the English language.
"You'll have to put in some effort to improve your understanding of the spoken and written language."
- Attend conversational English classes run by the institute.
- Read English newspapers and books available in the library.
- Talk to your friends in English.
- Watch English news channels on TV especially BBC or CNN or watch other programmes in English like Discovery Science, Animal Planet, National Geographic.
DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT YOUR STUDENT GUIDE OR ANY GCS MEMBER.