How the Service works
The office is housed in the Academic Block in Room No. 215. The Guidance & Counselling Service (GCS) of IIT Mandi aims at providing a student (especially a Fresher) a smooth transition from home to a challenging life on campus. This is achieved with the help of our Student Guides, faculty advisors and counsellor.
Who are student guides?
- They are students in their second, third or fourth year who are competent in helping the new entrants find their feet in the new environment.
- They provide emotional and moral support.
- Help a student get in touch with the Counsellor/Faculty Counsellor or approach any teacher.
- They organize tutorial classes before quizzes/exams to help the freshers.
- There is a 24 hour helpline during exams.
CONFIDENTIALITY IS TOP PRIORITY OF THIS SERVICE.