|HOW TO REACH|
IIT Mandi is organizing an orientation program for its first years from 3rd - 9th August at its permanent campus at Kamand. The Orientation Programme is organised to acquaint the new students with the Institute and to facilitate a smooth transition into the new life at IIT Mandi. The students are assisted to perform various formalities like Registration, Identity Card making, Bank Account opening, Mobile sim connection etc. Also, the new students are helped to adjust to the new life at the IIT Mandi campus through a series of activities and sessions organised as part of the Orientation Program.Students are required to stay back on campus after reporting for the Orientation program. Parents will not be provided accommodation on campus and are discouraged from staying back after 3rd of August.
|Hostel Admission||02.08.2015 |
9.00 AM to 5.00 PM
|Welcome Function & Admission Formalities||03.08.2015 |
09:30 AM Onwards
|Orientation Program||03.08.2015 |
- Printout of final course allotment from JoSAA website.
- Original admit card of JEE (Advanced)-2015 Examination.
- Proof of payment made at the time of seat Allocation.
- Original Class X (High School) Board Certificate / Any other certificate as proof of date of birth and two attested copies.
- Class XII mark sheets and pass Certificate (Original) and two attested copies.
- Medical Fitness certificate.
- Photographs: Passport size(8), stamp size (4).
- Family income certificate in case you are applying for various merit cum means Scholarships click here for the forms
- Valid Certificate of category in the JEE prescribed format (OBC (NCL)/SC/ST/PwD/DS) issued by a competent authority.
- Details of Fee:
|Institute fee for 1st semester (including caution deposits)||Rs.58850/-||Rs.13850/-|
|Hostel & Mess charges for 1st semester (likely to be revised)||Rs.18500/-||Rs.18500/-|
|Total fee for the 1st semester||Rs.77350/-||Rs.32350/-|
|(Less) fee paid at the time of seat allocation *||Rs.45000/-||Rs.20000/-|
|Fees due to be paid at the time of admission||Rs.32350/-||Rs.12350/-|
* If no fee was paid at the time of seat allocation, full fee will be collected at IIT Mandi at the time of admission. For detailed fee structure, please visit: http://iitmandi.ac.in/academics/fees.php
Mode of payment: Payment can be made via Demand Draft in favour of 'Registrar, IIT Mandi' payable at Mandi (Himachal Pradesh).
- Cash/draft for initial personal expenses.
- Minimum amount of Rs. 1000 for opening a bank account.
Vendors will be arranged for the sale of mattresses, pillows, pillow covers, bed sheets, buckets, mugs, locks, curtains and other hostel necessities. You are welcomed to bring the above mentioned items on your own, or you can purchase directly from the vendors. The institute will negotiate reasonable price with the vendors.
- Sports shoe and track suit for physical activities including hiking.
- Formal and informal clothes, Umbrella/raincoat, alarm clock, scientific calculator etc.
- Warm clothing, quilt/blanket will be required by November.
- Counters will be opened to facilitate the opening of new bank account and purchase of sim cards for mobile phones. IIT Mandi will issue a certificate which will suffice as identity and residence proof.
- Do not bring any high power consuming electric items like electric cooker, water heater etc. They are fire hazards and are strictly prohibited in the hostels.
IIT-Mandi does not have tie-up with any institution providing education loan. Representatives of two banks associated with IIT-Mandi, SBI and PNB will be present on campus to provide information and issue loan on the spot.
As per the information received from the bank representatives, these are the documents you will require to apply for education loan.
- Two photographs each of student and parent
- PAN card of student and parent
- Copy of admission letter
- Fee structure of the institute
- Copies of X, XII certificates
- Proof of residential address ( Aadhaar, driving license etc)
- Proof of parent's income
- Receipt of fee already paid
- Affidavit on stamp paper signed by parent and student that no other education loan has been taken.
- For salaried parent form-16 of last two years and for non-salaried parents IT return on last 3 years signed by IT department.