|Reporting Day: Hostel and College Admission||01.08.2017 |
8.00 AM to 2.00 PM
|Inauguration of The Induction program and Interaction with Parents||01.08.2017 |
2.00 PM to 5.00 PM
|Induction Program||01.08.2017 Onwards|
Students are required to stay back on campus after reporting. Please note that it is compulsory for all freshmen to attend the activities related to Induction program. Unfortunately IIT Mandi is not able to provide accommodation to parents. Various options are available in Mandi town (Hotels Information) and parents are requested to make their own arrangements. Parents are discouraged from staying back after 1st of August.
IIT Mandi is organizing a five-week Induction Program for the incoming batch of B.Tech students in August-September 2017. The program aims to help students acclimatize to their new environment, rediscover the joy of learning, absorb curricular material and the institutional ethos with greater ease, and enrich the quality of faculty-student interactions in the years to come. Various activities have been designed for these five weeks, with the objective of helping all students engage in self-reflection, gain proficiency in essential skills expected in engineering students, understand what is engineering, explore their creative selves, and build healthy lifestyles. The activities are categorized into the following broad areas:
- Proficiency Courses
- Exploring Engineering
- Human Values
- Soft Skills
- Extra-Curricular Activities (Sports and the Creative Arts)
- Social Awareness Activities
- Evening Activities (Debating, Quizzing, Films and Student Society Activities)
IIT Mandi hopes that by the end of the five-week Induction Program students will be well-equipped to make the most of their four years at IIT Mandi, transitioning from young adults to socially responsible engineers and good citizens in the process.
Please make sure that you have the following items with you before leaving for Mandi.
UPDATE: Kindly bring soft copies (scanned copies) of your class X, class XII mark sheets, pass certificates, Photograph, Aadhar card/Voters ID/Passport, and Category certificate(if applicable). This would help speed up your online registration process on 1st August.
- Printout of final course allotment from JoSAA website.
- Original admit card of JEE (Advanced)-2017 Examination.
- Proof of payment made at the time of seat Allocation.
- Class X (High School) mark sheet and Board Certificate (if applicable) Original and two copies.
- Class XII mark sheets and pass Certificate in Original and two copies.
- Medical Fitness certificate In case it is not submitted at the reporting centre.
- Photographs: Passport size(8), stamp size (4).
- Valid Certificate of category in the JEE prescribed format (OBC (NCL)/SC/ST/PwD/DS) issued by a competent authority.
- Any document issued by the Government regarding address proof (like. Aadhar, Passport, Voter Card (EPIC), etc.)
- In case the student plans to apply for any institute scholarship* (s)he should bring,
- Family income certificate issued by the authorized officials in Revenue Deptt./DC/SDM/Tehsildar, etc. A self attested copy of Income Certificate be deposited at the time of admission and original needs to be submitted at the time of submission of claim for scholarship.
- Duly filled up and signed income affidavit. Please click here for the affidavit.
*Please note that Scholarship options will be advertised and the application to be submitted at a later date, towards the middle of first semester.
- Fee payment: Kindly note that you can either bring a DD for the specified amount in the name of 'Registrar IIT Mandi', Payable at Mandi; or pay the fee online by following the below link
Online fee payment
Since you don't have the IIT Mandi roll number now, you may use your JEE advance roll number in the place for Enrollment number.
Last date for fee payment by B.Tech 1st semester students is 1.8.2017
Based on the recommendations of Standing Committee of the IIT Council (SCIC), the fee structure for the Academic Year 2017-18 is as below.
Details of Fee General, OBC (NCL) category SC/ST/PH Family income above Rs. 5.00 Lakhs Family income between Rs. 1.00 Lakh to Rs. 5.00 Lakhs Family income Less than Rs.1.00 Lakhs Institute fee for 1st semester (including caution deposits) Rs.1,13,850/- Rs.47,183/- Rs.13,850/- Rs.13,850/- Hostel & Mess charges for 1st semester Rs.18,500/- Rs.18,500/- Rs.18,500/- Rs.18,500/- Total fee for the 1st semester Rs.1,32,350 /- Rs.65,683/- Rs.32,350/- Rs.32,350/- (Less) fee paid at the time of seat allocation # Rs.44,000/- # Rs.44,000/- # Rs.44,000/- # Rs.19,000/-# Fees due to be paid at the time of admission Rs.88,350/- Rs.21,683/- Rs. (-)11650/- Will be refunded/ adjusted in next semester Rs.13,350/- # Rs. 1,000/- deducted towards processing fee for document verification at reporting centre.
Also, as per the institute policy, the new Girl students are provided with:
- Complete tuition fee waiver ( Rs.1,00,000 per semester, click here for fee structure )
- Stipend of Rs.1000/- (One Thousand) per month for 10 months in a year.
Please follow the link for detailed fee structure.
IIT Mandi Fee structure
Fee Concession: The students can submit reduced fee as per the concession applicable to him/her during the time of admission. But the concession will be permitted for students who can produce authentic Income Certificate issued by the competent authority i.e. officials of Revenue Deptt./BDO/Tehsildar/ SDM/Collector/DC/1st Class Magistrate, etc. at the time of admission.
The reimbursement/adjustment of the fee submitted by the new entrants, who cannot produce authenticated Income Certificate at the time of admission, would be considered as and when they request for it after the admissions.
Useful items to bring:
Vendors will be arranged for the sale of mattresses, pillows, pillow covers, bed sheets, buckets, mugs, locks, curtains and other hostel necessities. You may bring the above mentioned items on your own, or you can purchase directly from the vendors. Vendors with different price range will be available.
- Sports shoe and t-shirts and shorts or track suit for physical activities during induction program.
- Formal and informal clothes, Umbrella/raincoat, alarm clock, scientific calculator etc.
- Warm clothing, quilt/blanket will be required by October.
- Counters will be opened to facilitate the opening of new bank account and purchase of sim cards for mobile phones. IIT Mandi will issue a certificate which will suffice as identity and residence proof.
- Do not bring any high power consuming electric items like electric cooker, water heater etc. They are fire hazards and are strictly prohibited in the hostels.
IIT-Mandi does not have tie-up with any institution providing education loan. Representatives of two banks associated with IIT-Mandi, SBI and PNB will be present on campus to provide information and issue loan on the spot.
As per the information received from the bank representatives, these are the documents you will require to apply for education loan. Please check with the concerned banks for more details.
- Two photographs each of student and parent
- PAN card of student and parent
- Copy of admission letter
- Fee structure of the institute
- Copies of X, XII certificates
- Proof of residential address ( Aadhaar, driving license etc)
- Proof of parent's income
- Receipt of fee already paid
- Affidavit on stamp paper signed by parent and student that no other education loan has been taken.
- For salaried parent form-16 of last two years and for non-salaried parents IT return on last 3 years signed by IT department.