|Reporting Day: Hostel and College Admission||30.07.2018 |
8.00 AM onwards
|Inauguration of The Five week Induction program and Interaction with Parents||30.07.2018 |
3.00 PM to 6.00 PM
|Five week Induction Program (Classes Begin)||31.07.2018|
Students are required to stay back on campus after reporting. Please note that it is compulsory for all freshmen to attend the activities related to Five week Induction program (5WIP). Accompanying persons may book IIT Mandi guest house (click here) or look for alternatives in Mandi town. There are several hotels in Mandi town (Hotels Information) and parents are requested to make their own arrangements. Parents are discouraged from staying back after 30th July.
Detailed schedule of admission process and timetable of 5WIP will be handed over to candidates upon arrival. Staff and student volunteers would be around to guide the candidates through the admission process.
Please check the IIT Mandi offer letter (click here) for details on fee structure and documents to be brought for admission.
Fee payment could be done through one of methods mentioned below:
- Single Demand Draft (DD) from any bank for the whole amount in the name of ‘Registrar IIT Mandi’ Payable at Mandi.
- NEFT to SBI, PNB IIT Kamand or direct payment at the bank.
|SC,ST, PH||Female students|
|Total fee for the Odd Semester 2018||Rs. 1,32,750/-||Rs. 32,750/-||Rs. 32,750/-|
|(less) Fee paid at the time of seat acceptance||Rs. 33,500/- #||Rs. 13,500/- #||Rs. 33,500/- #|
|Fee due to be paid||Rs. 99,250/-||Rs. 19,250/-||NIL (Balance to be adjusted later)|
|# Rs.1500/- deducted towards processing fee for document verification at reporting centre.|
Useful items to bring:
Vendors will be arranged for the sale of mattresses, pillows, pillow covers, bed sheets, buckets, mugs, locks, curtains and other hostel necessities. You may bring the above mentioned items on your own, or you can purchase directly from the vendors. Vendors with different price range will be available.
- Sports shoe and t-shirts and shorts or track suit for physical activities during induction program.
- Formal and informal clothes, Umbrella/raincoat, alarm clock, scientific calculator etc.
- Warm clothing, quilt/blanket will be required by October.
- Counters will be opened to facilitate the opening of new bank account and purchase of sim cards for mobile phones. IIT Mandi will issue a certificate which will suffice as identity and residence proof.
- Do not bring any high power consuming electric items like electric cooker, water heater etc. They are fire hazards and are strictly prohibited in the hostels.
IIT-Mandi does not have tie-up with any institution providing education loan. Representatives of two banks associated with IIT-Mandi, SBI and PNB will be present on campus to provide information and issue loan on the spot.
As per the information received from the bank representatives, these are the documents you will require to apply for education loan. Please check with the concerned banks for more details.
- Two photographs each of student and parent
- PAN card of student and parent
- Copy of admission letter
- Fee structure of the institute
- Copies of X, XII certificates
- Proof of residential address ( Aadhaar, driving license etc)
- Proof of parent's income
- Receipt of fee already paid
- Affidavit on stamp paper signed by parent and student that no other education loan has been taken.
- For salaried parent form-16 of last two years and for non-salaried parents IT return on last 3 years signed by IT department.