The program is designed giving importance to theory as well as exposure to industry needs. It consists of two parts: course work and a year-long project. The course work is structured to give solid theoretical foundations and practical, hands-on experience which would enable the student to tackle problems in the area of signal processing, communications, and machine learning in a holistic manner.
The one year long project is supposed to be in partnership with industry so that the students solve problems which are of relevance to product design and development. The project is done in-house, the problem definition and part of technical support comes from an industry or reputed government R&D laboratories.
In order to prepare the students for product development by the end of first year, courses like Advanced Programming Practicum, Embedded Systems, IoT Systems, and Systems Design are included in the curriculum. In addition to the post graduate project, these courses familiarize the students with the system design aspects relevant to signal processing, communications, and machine learning.
Objectives of the program
After the completion of the degree, students would
- be prepared with a varied range of expertise in different aspects of signal processing and communications, such as signal processing, modern communication systems, estimation and detection theories.
- acquire good understanding of both the theory and application of signal processing, communications, and machine learning approaches to wide-variety of scenarios in diversified application areas.
- be able to create models using the knowledge acquired from the program to solve future challenges and real-world problems requiring the knowledge of one or more of signal processing, communications, or machine learning.
- be better trained professionals to cater to the growing demand for signal processing, communications, machine learning professional.
- Signal Processing
- Machine Learning
DurationThe duration of this program is two years. Each year consists of two semesters, summer and winter terms.
- Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Technology from a recognized University or Institute in Electrical/Electronics and Communication/Telecommunications Engineering (ECE), Telecommunications Engineering (T), Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE), Instrumentation (IN) with minimum 60% (CGPA 7.5), and who have qualified and have a valid score in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) in ECE are eligible to apply for admission to the this program.
- For all B.Techs from IITs graduated with a CGPA of 8.0 or above, the requirement of GATE qualification is waived off.
- A student sponsored by a recognized R&D organization, academic institution, government organization or industry are eligible to apply for this program on a full-time basis. The Institute does not provide any assistantship to such students.
- A candidate with Associate Membership of Professional Bodies equivalent to B.Tech., as approved by the Senate and having valid GATE score in ECE shall also be eligible to apply for admission to this program with assistantship, subject to regulations approved by the Senate.
Assistantship (Fellowship/Scholarship)The award of assistantship shall be in accordance with prevailing norms of the Institute.
Campus stayStudents admitted to these degree programs are required to stay in campus and to participate and complete all requirements of the program.
Placement and Career options
- After completion of this program, a student can either go for jobs in public/private sectors or enrol in a PhD program within India or in abroad.
- Graduates of this program are currently placed in different R&D labs and MNCs, such as, TCS Innovations Labs, Continental, National Instruments, Hughes Systique, Lekha and WNS . Some of them are also currently pursuing Ph.D. in reputed IITs.