An Act to provide for setting out the practical regime of right to information for citizens to secure access to information under the control of public authorities, in order to promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority, the constitution of a Central Information Commission and State Information Commissions and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
The basic object of the Right to Information Act is to:-
• Empower the citizens,
• Promote transparency,
• Promote accountability in the working of the Government,
• Contain corruption, and
• Make our democracy work for the people in real sense. It goes without saying that an informed citizen is better equipped to keep necessary vigil on the instruments of governance and make the government more accountable to the governed. The Act is a big step towards making the citizens informed about the activities of the Government.
IIT Mandi, being an Autonomous Body of Central Government, is covered under this act.
Right to Information Act, 2005
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION U/S 4(1) OF RTI ACT, 2005:
The RTI Act under section 4 provides a comprehensive framework for promoting openness in functioning of the public authorities. While Section 4(1) (a) provides a general guideline for record management, so that the information could be easily stored and retained, the sub-sections b, c and d of Section 4 relate to the organizational objects and functions. Sub-sections (b), (c) and (d) of Section 4 of the RTI Act and other related information can be grouped under six categories; namely:-
1. Organization and Function
2. Budget and Programmes
3. Publicity and Public interface
4. E. Governance
5. Information as may be prescribed and
6. Information Disclosed on own initiative.
1. NAME AND ADDRESS OF THE ORGANIZATION
Indian Institute of Technology Mandi
Kamand, Mandi-175075, Himachal Pradesh
2. HEAD OF THE ORGANIZATION
Prof. Laxmidhar Behera
Director- IIT Mandi
3. KEY OBJECTIVE OF THE INSTITUTE
4. FUNCTIONS & DUTIES OF THE INSTITUTE
5. WORKING HOURS:
Monday to Friday from 9:00 A.M.–05:30 P.M, Lunch Break- 1:00 P.M. - 2:00 P.M.
7. A Citizen of India can seek information prescribed under provisions of RTI Act, 2005 through Offline as well as online mode. In Offline mode, the applicant can download the RTI Application given in the below mentioned link, fill the application in all fields, do the payment online/offline, attach the payment proof and send the application through post to CPIO at the above mentioned address. In Online mode, the applicant can visit RTI portal of government and seek information through respective portal..
8. PUBLIC AUTHORITIES: